Applications are invited by Thapar University (TU), Patiala for admission to 2nd semester (2018-19 session) Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D) programs offered in various departments/schools for the commencing session 2018. During the program student shall submit their thesis to the Registrar within five years but not earlier than 2.5 years in case of regular and 3.5 years in case of part time student from the date of admission.
Eligibility Criteria for Thapar University:
1. Candidate seeking admission to the degree of Ph.D must have obtained ME/M.Tech/M.Phil/MCA/M.Sc /MA/MBA/CA or equivalent with minimum CGPA of 6.00 on a 10 point scale or 55% marks in aggregate where marks are awarded or NET (UGC/CSIR) qualified.
2. Candidates with BE/B.Tech degree or equivalent with excellent academic record (minimum CGPA of 9.00 on 10 point scale or 80% marks in aggregate) may be considered for admission.
How to Apply for Thapar University:
Candidates can apply online by fill up the online application form available on the official website of university i.e. www.thapar.edu.
Selection Procedure for Thapar University:
1. Selection of candidates for Thapar University PhD admissions will be made on the basis of written test followed by an Interview.
3. Relaxation for appearing in the Entrance exam may be given by the university to those applicants who have qualified UGC/CSIR(JRF).
PhD Entrance Exam Pattern:
- The duration of entrance test will be 1½ hours.
- The exam will be held in offline mode.
- Each question will carry one mark.
- There will be negative marking of ¼ marks for every wrong answer given by candidates.
- Entrance test will comprise a total of 75 multiple choice type questions.
- Cut off marks in the entrance exam will be 20% (15% for candidates from SC/ST category) of the total marks.
Related Article: Top distance MBA Institutes in India
- Filling the Online Form Last Date: December 13th 2017
- Entrance Test Date: December 20th 2017
- Test Result Declaration Date: January 02nd 2018
- Interview Date: January 09th 2018
- Admission notification and deposit of fee for PhD Program: 12th – 16th Jan, 2018
Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology University
P.O. Box 32,
Bhadson Road, Patiala,
Email: [email protected]
Are you interested in studying at Thapar University? Fill in your details below and we will connect you with the institute.