Why Distance Learning?
The advent of science and technology had drastically changed our life. It had changed the way we live, think and educate ourselves. Earlier the only way to get education was to join regular classes in any university or institute, but now it’s completely changed. Apart from regular classes you can now able to complete your education via distance learning mode. With the invent of internet and other communication technologies getting education via distance learning mode is much easier and practical.
Distance learning mode is very helpful if you are a working professional or living in rural areas or small cities, where there is not much good option available in regular learning (Universities/Institutes). With the growing popularity of Distance education many well-known universities and institutes are now offering various distance learning courses are which at par with their regular counterpart. Distance learning courses are very valuable and key to open the door of your success.
Symbiosis Centre for Distance Learning (SCDL)
Symbiosis Centre for Distance Learning popularly known as SCDL is one amongst the well know Indian institutions specialized in offering various distance learning courses in India. One of the largest distances learning institute in India, Symbiosis is recognized by UGC and DEB and providing quality education to its student since 2001. For both graduates and postgraduates, Symbiosis offers various certification and diploma courses over a wide variety of industry sectors including various corporate programs. Symbiosis specialized certification or diploma programs had helped many working professionals to perform well in their respective career.
Known for the quality and brilliancy of its courses, Symbiosis uses “Blended Learning” methodology which is a combination of various learning forms such as virtual classrooms, Chat sessions, Digital E-learning, self learning study material etc and to help and sort-out student queries it also provides a dedicated call center. Teaching, Evaluation, Self-learning & E-learning resources are carefully prepared while maintaining the industry standards. Curriculum offered by symbiosis is at par to any regular full time management institute.
Symbiosis Distance Learning Courses and Fee Structure
Available courses in Symbiosis with their respective fees are mentioned below:
|Post Graduate Diploma in IT Management||Fee for General Candidate: INR. 36,000
Active Defense / Police / Paramilitary: INR.33000
SAARC: USD 1,200 or INR. 80,400
International: USD 2,300 or INR. 1,54,100
|Post Graduate Diploma in Banking and Finance|
|Post Graduate Diploma in International Business|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Business Administration|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Technical Writing||Fee for General Candidate: INR.22,000
Active Defense / Police / Paramilitary: INR.19,000
SAARC: USD 750 or INR.50,250
International : USD 1,400 or INR.93,800
|Post Graduate Diploma in Retail Management|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Instructional Design|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Insurance Management|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Supply Chain Management|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Export and Import Management|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Customer Relationship Management|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Human Resource Management|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Pre-Primary Teachers Training|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Business and Corporate Laws|
|Diploma in English Language Teaching|
|Diploma in Creative Writing in English||Fee for General Candidate: INR.10,000
Active Defense / Police / Paramilitary: Rs.10,000
SAARC : USD 250 or INR.16,750
International : USD 300 or INR.20,100
|Certificate in Cyber Laws|
|Certificate in Digital Marketing|
|Certificate in Management Accounting|
|Certificate in Entrepreneurship Development|
|Corporate Post Graduate Diploma in Business Administration||INR.57,000 (Online Classes)
INR.62,000 (Regular Classes)
SCDL Eligibility Criteria
Each Symbiosis course has different eligibility criteria. Mentioning below eligibility criteria for post graduation diploma courses:
- Candidate should have a graduation degree from any recognize university.
- Candidates who are in their final year of graduation can also apply.
- International/SAARC candidates also require graduation from a accredited & recognized University or Institution.
Please Notice: The eligibility criteria required for Diploma in Creative writing in English and Diploma in English language teaching is 10+2 (Class 12).
How to Apply
- Candidates need to purchase the application form and prospectus, which can be either purchased online via symbiosis website. Online copy fee will be INR. 1100 or in a hard copy from its Pune campus. Hard copy fee will be INR. 1200. Apart from this application form is also available in the selected branches of Axis bank: Click Here.
- Along with a registration fee of INR. 1000, candidates need to submit / courier his/her application form to symbiosis.
- Candidates have been given 2 options for fee payment. They can either pay full fee of the course or can pay the fee in two installments, which needs to be paid along with the registration form and 15th November is the last date for paying the second installment.
Registration for SAARC and International Students
SAARC and international students needs to pay a different registration fees, which is mentioned in the below table:
|Post Graduate Diploma||USD $ 75||USD $ 100|
|Certificate||USD $ 35||USD $ 35|
“Blended Learning” methodology is used by Symbiosis for its various programs. Which is a combination of different learning forms i.e. online/virtual classrooms, self learning materials, Chat sessions, Digital E-learning etc.
- Online Classrooms – Virtual/Online classrooms are provided by Symbiosis which offers the same faculty members and fellow students interaction as you will get in a real classroom but at the comfort of your home. Candidate can also download and replay the lectures for better understanding.
- E-Mentoring – Weekly online chat sessions are conducted by the Symbiosis faculty members in order to clear student’s doubts and engage them in active discussions.
- Self Learning resources – Self-learning resources are provided by Symbiosis which is created by its In-house Academics Department with extensive research. Content syllabus is revised annually as per the industry needs and new student’s feedback.
- Personal Contact Programs: Symbiosis also conduct Personal Contact Programs (PCP) which is real classes held at Institute campus of Pune. Candidates can check PCP schedule on SCDL website, if they are interested to attend these classes.
How can you select a Distance Learning Course?
Courses for a vast range of industry sectors have been provided by Symbiosis. Candidates as per their interest can select the course related to a specific sector. The list of industry sectors is mentioned below on which Symbiosis provide various courses:
|Business Management||Business and Corporate Law|
|Banking and Finance||IT Management|
|International Business||Customer Relationship Management|
|Insurance Management||Supply Chain Management|
SCDL Ranking and Awards
- Careers 360 Rating 2012: First amongst the top Indian distance learning institutes.
- DNA Indus learning survey 2012: Second amongst the top Indian distance learning institutes.
- Competition Success Review: Third amongst the top Indian distance learning institutes.
- Outlook Magazine: Eighth in top distance learning Institutes.
- IT Award has been awarded by Maharashtra Government HRD Department
Related Article: Symbiosis Distance Learning MBA Admission| Eligibility | Fees
SCDL Correspondence Address:
Are you interested in joining Symbiosis Distance Learning Courses? Fill in your details below and we will connect you with the institute.