MNNIT Ph.D Programs Admission Details: Applications are invited by Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology (MNNIT), Allahabad for admission to even semester Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D) program in Engineering, Management, Sciences, Humanities and Social Sciences (HSS) and Geographic Information System (GIS) for the session 2017.
Ph.D program is offered under the department of Applied Mechanics, Biotechnology, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Civil Engineering, Computer Science & Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering, GIS Cell, Humanities and Social Sciences, Mathematics, Mechanical Engineering, Physics and School of Management Studies.
Eligibility Criteria for MNNIT Ph.D Programs Admission:
i.) Candidates must have minimum marks of 60% aggregate or 6.5 C.P.I. (Cumulative Performance Index in ten point scale) in qualifying examination. For SC/ST candidate’s minimum marks will be 55% aggregate or 6.0 CPI.
ii.) The eligibility conditions given above are the absolute minimum. Departments may prescribe any requirements over and above these.
For Ph.D in Engineering Programs:
o Candidate should have a master degree in relevant branch of Engineering/Technology with marks not below 60% or Cumulative Performance Index (CPI) 6.5. Or
o Candidate with a bachelor’s degree in Engineering or master’s degree in Science/Applied biological sciences/Computer Application or any appropriate discipline with minimum of 75% marks or CPI 8.0.
For Ph.D in Management Programs:
o Candidate with a master’s degree in Management/Technology/ Engineering/ Economics/ Commerce / Science / Computer Applications/Social Science with a minimum of 60% marks or equivalent CPI 6.5. Or
o Candidate with a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering with a minimum of 75% marks or CPI 8.0 shall be considered. Or
o A qualified Chartered Accountant should be having minimum three years of professional experience as practicing Chartered Accountant with a minimum of 60% marks at both graduation level, as well as CA examination.
For Ph.D in Sciences and HSS Programs:
o Candidate should have a master’s degree in the relevant subject with a minimum of 60% Marks or CPI 6.5. Or
o Candidate with a bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Pharmacy with marks not below 75% or CPI 8.0 is eligible.
For Ph.D in GIS Programs:
o Candidate should have M.Tech. or equivalent degree in GIS & Remote Sensing/ Civil Engineering/ Computer Science and Engineering/ Electronics/ Information Technology/ Agriculture Engineering/ Mining Engineering with minimum marks 60% or CPI 6.5. Or
o Candidate with a M.Sc. or equivalent degree in GIS & Remote Sensing/ Applied Geology/ Geophysics/ Geography/ Environmental Science/ Computer Science or degree in Master of Computer Application with minimum marks 75% or CPI 8.0. Or
o Candidate should have a bachelor’s degree in Engineering with a minimum of 75% marks or CPI 8.0.
• All candidates who are applying for Course category: Institute Stipendiary Full- Time Research Scholar must have valid GATE score (above cut-off of any year) /NET in relevant branch/subject.
• Where the eligibility qualification is Master’s Degree in Science/Computer
Application/Commerce /Economics/English/Management or any subject of Humanities/ Life
Sciences or Social Science, NET/ GATE qualification is mandatory for course category: Institute Stipendiary Full- Time Research Scholar & Self-financed Full- Time Research Scholar.
• For SC/ST candidate’s minimum marks will be 55% aggregate or 6.0 CPI.
How to Apply for MNNIT Ph.D Programs Admission:
- Candidates can apply online.
- Application fee is Rs. 1200/- (Rs. 600/- for SC/ST students).
- Fee payment can be made by either online payment mode by credit/debit card, internet banking or offline mode by challan.
- Candidates should take print out of the form, attach photocopy of all required documents and send it to “Admission Cell, Office of the Dean (Academic), Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology Allahabad, Allahabad – 211 004”. on the top of envelop candidates should write the name of the program applying for. e.g. “Application for Ph.D. in the Department of ……………… Engineering.
Selection Procedure for MNNIT Ph.D Programs Admission:
- Candidates are selected based on interviews and/or written examination.
- Shortlisted candidates after written examination will be allowed for interview only after verification of documents in original.
Related Article: Thapar University Invitation for Admission in Ph.D Programs
Physical Registration Requirement for MNNIT Ph.D Programs Admission:
- Provisional Admission letter issued by concerned Head of the Department and proof of submission of fee.
- Institute Fee Structure for Ph. D. Program:
3. A student who will be allotted a room in the hostel will be required to deposit ` 15000.00 as Mess Fee in favour of “Chief Warden MNNIT Allahabad” payable at Allahabad.
4. Documents required at the time of Physical Registration: (One set photocopy and original, if not submitted at the time of document verification)
(i) Admission letter issued by Concerned Head of the Department
(ii) Qualifying Examination Mark Sheet
(iii) Qualifying examination Degree
(iv) Character Certificate.
(v) Migration Certificate.
(vi) Category Certificate (if applicable) in prescribed format of GoI. For candidates belonging to OBC Category the certificate must be issued on or after 01.04.2017.
|Starting date for online application process||1 Feb 2017|
|Closing date for online application process||5 Apr 2017|
|Last date for receipt of application form (printed and signed)||10 Apr 2017|
|Display of candidates list for entrance examination||11 Apr 2017|
|Written examination date||22 Apr & 23 Apr 2017|
|Declaration date for written examination result||29 Apr 2017|
|Interview Date||11 May to 12 May 2017|
|Declaration date for Ph.D. admission result||19 May 2017|
|Last date for submission of Institute fee by Ist round selected candidates||29 May 2017|
|Declaration date of IInd list of admission (Subject to vacancy) and admission letter dispatch to Ist round selected candidates||30 May 2017|
|Physical registration ( for all selected candidates) and Institute fee submission by second round selected candidates||14 Jul 2017|
|Last date for submission of Semester fee and physical registration
(for candidates selected in II round)
|17 Jul 2017|
For more information of Ph.D. Programs Admission: Download Ph.D Information Brochure
Attn.: Admission Cell
Office of the Dean (Academic)
Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology Allahabad
Allahabad ( 211004 ), Uttar Pradesh, India
Email: [email protected]
Are you interested in MNNIT Ph.D Programs Admission? Fill in your details below and we will connect you with the institute.