1. Don’t be unprepared for typical interview questions. You may not be asked all the questions in every interview, but being unprepared will not help you.
2. Don’t act as though you would take any job or are desperate for employment.
3. Don’t slouch, and don’t sit rigidly on the edge of your chair. Don’t go to extremes with your posture.
4. Don’t make negative comments about former colleagues, supervisors, or employers.
5. Don’t make excuses. Take responsibility for your decisions and your actions.
6. Don’t answer questions with a simple “yes” or “no.” Explain whenever possible and give detailed examples. Describe those things about yourself that showcase your talents, skills, and determination.
7. Don’t falsify application materials or answers to interview questions.
9. Don’t bring up or discuss personal issues or family problems.
10. Don’t answer cell-phone calls during the interview, and do turn off or set cell-phone to silent mode.
11. Don’t make the interviewer guess what type of work you are interested in; it is not the interviewer’s job to act as a career advisor to you.
12. Don’t exhibit frustrations or a negative attitude in an interview.
13. Don’t smoke before or in the interview even if allowed.
14. Don’t take your parents, spouse, fiancé, friends or pets to an interview.
15. Don’t assume that a female interviewer is “Mrs.” or “Miss.” Address her as “Ms.” unless told otherwise.
Are you interested in getting free counseling for MBA? Fill in your details below and we will connect you with our experts.