Madras University is the mother of almost all the old Universities of southern India was started institute of Distance Education in the year 1981 to help people who want to continue their higher studies but can’t join the regular classes. Madras University Distance Education is accredited with “A” Grade by NAAC and conferred with the status of ‘University with Potential for Excellence’ by UGC. Currently university is offering total 78 programs including post graduate, under graduate, diploma & certification programs.
Madras university distance education offers distance education MBA program with total thirteen specializations to choose from. Every year the university seek for admission into distance learning MBA program.
Offered Courses Details
Currently Madras university distance education is offering Executive MBA, General MBA & Integrated MBA Program. Details about the programs are as follows:
- M.B.A. – Apparel Management
- M.B.A. – Educational Management
- M.B.A. – Export Import Management
- M.B.A. – Financial Management
- M.B.A. – Hospital Management
- M.B.A. – Human Resource Management
- M.B.A. – International Business Management
- M.B.A. – Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- M.B.A. – Marketing Management
- M.B.A. – Operations Management
- M.B.A. – Shipping and Port Management
- M.B.A. – Systems Management
- M.B.A. – Travel and Tourism Management
Application Form & Prospectus
The university offers admission through two ways i.e Spot Admission & Single Window.
Students seeking admission directly in university campus can get admission through Single Window system. The university has opened a Single Window Admission Centre at the IDE building at Chepauk Campus, Chennai. Student has to collect the Application-cum-Prospectus from the Prospectus Sales Counter on payment in cash and has to pay the Pay the registration fee at the “Registration Fee Payment Counter. The Centre is open from 10.00 a.m. to 5.00 p.m. on week days including Saturdays and Sundays.
Spot admission to the first year will be given to those who come to the Institute in person or at the Spot Admission Centres and Study Centres along with the required original documents/certificates.
- A pass in any branch of study of a Bachelor Degree/Master Degree of the University of Madras or any other University recognized by the UGC/AIU or a qualification accepted by this University as equivalent thereto.
- A Professional Degree in Engineering/Technology/Medicine/Architecture/Law.
- Professional qualification in Accountancy, Cost & Works Accountancy, Company Secretaryship.
A graduate in any discipline of recognized University / deemed university under 10 + 2 + 3 pattern of education with a minimum of 3 years of work experience in managerial / supervisory / executive cadre in business / industry in private or public sector or in government / semi government / quasi government institutions.
Find below the fee structure of various distance MBA courses offered by University of Madras:
Are you interested in studying at Madras University Distance Education? Fill in your details below and we will connect you with the institute.